Newark Town & District Club was formed 6th December 1865, with the inaugural meeting taking place at the Robin Hood Hotel.
The Club soon moved to premises on Beaumond Cross and then in 1933 it moved again to its present imposing premises at Barnbygate House.
From those early days the Club has established itself as one of the institutions of the town. Throughout its life the Club has had many distinguished members - mayors, aldermen, leading industrialists, JP's, and MP's. It has also seen many important visitors, the most famous probably being Lawrence of Arabia, who enjoyed the facilities whilst serving locally with the RAF.
The Club is a convenient town centre haven where members from all walks of life can share its convivial atmosphere. There is also an extensive well laid out garden at the rear with several mature trees.
New members are always welcome and membership is subject to nomination and selection in the normal way. Subscriptions are fixed annually and are reduced considerably for members under the age of 35. There are also reductions for Country and Distant Members and Retired Members.
Our Benefits include:
- Private Bar
- Social Bar
- 2 Full Size Professional Snooker Tables
- Private Lawns and Marquee facilities
- NTDC Social Event’s
- Private Hire Discounts for the Function rooms & kitchen
- Members private parking
For further Information on joining the Newark Town District Club, please contact our Steward on 07824 442 427 or email email@example.com